17 March 2011

Virginia Water (singular).

This weekend, one of the folks on my hall (Faheem, better known as Faz) invited a group of us to come stay at his family home in Virginia Water (oh, how I long to add an "s," why is everything here singular??).  It's about 1 hr 30 min outside London, so we took the National Rail out on Saturday afternoon; during the ride, the boys amused themselves by playing charades.  It was so wholesome, heartwarming, and completely unlike anything a group of my guyfriends in the states would do.  Being 1 hr 30 min outside London also means Virginia Water is in the countryside, which was very refreshing.  They have a beautiful family home, and his mom sorry, mum, cooked us some fantastic meals of Indian food.  Here we all are:

L to R: Faheem (Faz), Luke, Me, Alex, Rehaan (Rey), and Anirudh (Ani).
Our activity-filled weekend included lots of soccer, table tennis, frisbee in the park, and golfing.  Being with a bunch of boys is rather exhausting!  But I must say my hand-eye coordination is beginning, albeit slowly, to come into existence.  See, I can aim and hit a golf ball!  Sometimes!


I scored a 47, I think it was meant to be!  Ok, it's actually a terrible score, but still.  47.


The crew again, looking pretty professional, I must say.
We also had quite a musical time.  Faz got out his quarter-sized violin and his parents brought out his brother's old cello.  The boys were also coaxed into singing "Colors of the Wind" and "My Heart Will Go On" when I found the piano music, which I consider to be a huge success.  The fact that they sang it, I mean.  I will not comment publicly on the actual quality of the singing... in their defense, it was out of their range.  There is a compromising video of it, but I will spare you, dear readers, and leave you with a silent picture.

And speaking of music, I've got to eat something before running to dress rehearsal to the opera.  I almost passed out and fell off the stage last night; probably shouldn't do that again, the director might yell at me for changing the blocking : )

No comments:

Post a Comment