21 March 2011

California Gurls.

The sun came out today!!

It took a bit to remember what that strange yellow sphere in the sky was, but we quickly acclimated.  It's unbelievable how people's moods can brighten upon the arrival of the sun.  I'd forgot about the phenomenon of weather living in SoCal (where the term for anything other than sunny is simply, "Having weather").  But here you appreciate it alright.  A bunch of us were having lunch in the park, and I finally had my revelatory, "finding yourself" moment that you're supposed  to have when you study abroad:  I came to the shocking conclusion that somewhere along the way, I'd turned into a California girl.  Oh my. 

At the risk of aligning myself with Katy Perry - "West coast represent, now put your hands up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment