03 February 2011

Back to normal.

This title refers to two things:

First, today I received my new camera in the mail (thanks, Mommy and Daddy!), so I can stop trying to cobble together blog entries using old pictures that Mia took, because I was too embarrassed to just confess that my camera broke.  So, new and improved entries are coming your way!

Second, the past three nights have been completely sleepless due to an inane lab report which was due today.  I won't waste your time with another rant, but inane only begins to describe it.  Sleep deprivation has been the reason for my silence the past few days, since I realized I was not functioning with optimal mental acuity, and may have written something I later wished I had not.  You'd think that the obligatory sleep deprivation attendant upon being a science major would help you develop some sort of endurance, but it doesn't.  Like the victims- er, participants- in the experiments we've studied in neuro, it just results in personality changes, mood swings, and complete inability to focus.  An excerpt from last night's 5 pm - 5 am Skype conferencing as we worked on lab: 

[1:40:14 AM] M: so how did you interpret that graph??
[1:40:28 AM] A: did u do an activation curve?
[1:42:11 AM] W: I don't want to wake up to this
[1:42:12 AM] A: but i mean we've been working on it ALL DAY
[1:42:15 AM] K: like, I'm worried I won't wake up
[1:42:21 AM] A: at some point...you gotta sleep
[1:42:27 AM] M: ya, she's right
[1:42:33 AM] K: when the hallucinations set in?
[1:43:48 AM] M: i want pomona
[1:43:58 AM] A: POMONAAAAAAAA. i miss you <3
[1:44:15 AM] M: :)
[1:44:19 AM] K: ha ha ha
[1:44:25 AM] K: CHIRP, bitches
[1:44:30 AM] A: sunshine, palm trees, frary, SNACK
[1:44:30 AM] K: ha ha aha ha aha ha ha
[1:44:30 AM] W: gonna pass out
[1:44:31 AM] K: holler
[1:44:32 AM] A: i miss snack
[1:44:40 AM] A: CHiRPPP
[1:44:43 AM] M: snack EVERY night
[1:44:59 AM] A: i miss cmc 
[1:45:01 AM] M Course: ok we are OFF TOPIC

None of us have been ourselves ("I miss CMC"??).  So we are looking forward to a return to normalcy.

It dawns on me that going to Rocky Horror Picture Show tonight as we herald in a newfound era of regularity has a certain sense of irony.

Happy Chinese New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment